Wednesday, May 26, 2010

DIY Wedding: More Ideas


Okay, I promise I'm not a Martha Stewart junky!  She just has some really pretty ideas. Although I am not yet engaged, I like thinking about what my dream wedding would be like. I'm the creative, hands-on type. And since I have all this time to think about, and look forward to my wedding, I have plenty of time to squirrel away ideas for the future. A DIY wedding sounds right up my alley.  I've always enjoyed creating things, and what better way to celebrate a unique relationship than with personalized, hand-made decorations?

I think my dream wedding would be outside, at a friends' farm, in the summer. Just something about all the fresh air and greenery sounds dreamy. I would want the ceremony and reception to both take place there, with the ceremony in the late morning, followed by brunch, and then the festivities! Lots of our friends are in bands, so we are thinking a low-key music "festival" would be fun. We'd have a late afternoon/early evening meal spread of our favorite foods, and bite-size treats for dessert.  And I want it all captured by Jessie and Kris.  They take the most beautiful photos.  You have to go check out their portfolio.  You may now commence the swooning.

No comments:

Post a Comment