Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Ideas For My Dream Wedding (Part 3)


The OOT/Guest Bags!

One of the wonderful things about planning to get married somewhere unconventional (like a farm) is that we can have something unconventional (like camping) as part of our special day.  In truth, this was Josh's idea, but I love it.  It's not, like, roughing it camping.  It's, like, modern, poop-in-a-toilet camping, which I can totally handle.  How awesome would it be to get married in the morning (or a few days before), followed by brunch, a break for some killer photos, and then reception festivities, food, music, and later end the day with a bon fire, s'mores, and bedtime stories?  I cannot picture a more ideal wedding for Josh and myself.  All this excitement got me thinking about favors... what would I want to provide for OOTers and guests that are staying over and camping with us?  I'm been dreaming up a few things:

B.T. McElrath is a local chocolate company we love.  We are particularly fond of their Salty Dog dark chocolate bar... it has caramel and sea salt!  So yummy.  I thought these gourmet bars would make for some interesting s'mores with...




Sweet & Sara's Vanilla Marshmallows (vegan).  Melt in your mouth goodness!






The chocolate and marshmallows should go pretty well with these organic Honey Grahams.





And aren't these cast iron "Twig" Skewers so cute?  What better to roast the marshmallows with?





Josh and I make some pretty mean popcorn.  I even figured out a way to make not-bad-for-you kettle corn!  So maybe we can include a box of each in the bags.  I found these super cute Circus Popcorn Boxes at Bake It Pretty.  Otherwise... do they still make JiffyPop? That might be fun, too... although decidedly less healthy...



Vita CoCo Coconut water is super yummy, and it's basically nature's Gatorade.  It'll be a good idea to have this on hand to keep us all hydrated.





And it'll all go in this ECOBAGS® Organic Cotton Canvas Tote.  Who couldn't use another tote bag?  We would probably get it screen printed (or screen print them ourselves) with something cool and Shelby-and-Josh-got-married related!






I also think we'll provide homemade preserves, biscuits, and of course grillables for our carnivorous and vegan friends alike.  What else could go in this bag?

No comments:

Post a Comment